Helpful advice from your lawyer/mediator/friend
1. Always remember, being divorced is easier than getting divorced.
2. All bad things come to an end.
3. You absolutely will make it.
4. Maintain your sense of self. You are entitled to be happy, safe, protected, loved and nurtured.
5. Forgive yourself! Even innocent victims blame themselves. It's only human. Learn to accept that and forgive yourself for any guilt you may feel.
6. Find a mediator/lawyer you trust. Then rely on her to guide you through the process.
7. Children can cope if given the right example, skills and opportunity. Try hard to let go of the pain and resentment you are feeling so your children don't feel "caught in the middle."
8. Remember that you need to give yourself time to heal. Make time, as difficult as it may be, to find something you like to do and then do it. Just for yourself. You deserve it.